Tuesday, September 20, 2011

I suck at this blogging thing


Wow I was really going to be good about blogging but alas, epic fail on my part.

I think the last two weeks have been very busy for me, knitwise and also a bit of a slump. I finished the Ishbel Beret That I started over the labour day weekend, and then THREW myself into the Summerflies shawl. The beret is done in Tanis fibre arts blue label in Tidal, and the shawl is in a yellow Malabrigo silky merino.

I worked hard on the beret and it was the latest in a long string of projects that I knit up quickly, like in less than a week. And the summer flies might now have been too bad had I liked the edging, but I didn't so I am using an alternate one from Ravelry. This one incorperates the butterfly motif into the knitting.



But the shawl got so big so fast that every row is now 400 stitches and I have a hard time forcing myself to work on it. SO MUCH time for so LITTLE rows.

Add to that several WIPs sitting there, and I've been bouncing around not doing much. I HOPE against HOPE that come sunday things will get better. This sunday is my 27th birthday and I have great yarn expectations. I hope that having that new yarn will make me want to finish my current projects. In addition to that one shawl I have another two on the needles, as well as a Hat I just cast on, and a full blown sweater.

Gah! SO much knitting, so little time. But soon they'll be a lot more knitting time.

No comments:

Post a Comment